ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

A300 freezes or BSOD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serj47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A300 freezes or BSOD
    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 4:13am
Originally posted by Serj47 Serj47 wrote:

I received my new A300 with BIOS 3.60 yesterday and installed Win10. The problem is that sometimes it completely freezes randomly or BSOD occurs, regardless of whether there is a load on the CPU or GPU or not. The Athlon 200GE processor temperature at these moments does not exceed 50 degrees.
I checked the memory with the memtest86 free program several times and there were no problems, then I noticed that memtest tests only 6gb and not the entire 8gb capacity, I tried to reduce the UMA Frame Buffer Size value in the BIOS so that memtest would show more memory, but this does not work, BIOS just doesn't store the new value.
When I was just assembling the PC, the BIOS determined by default the frequency of the module 2666Mhz, but I changed this value to 3200Mhz, MAYBE THIS IS A PROBLEM? As far as I know, graphics need good memory bandwidth, and since memory allows it, I thought, why would I leave 2666.

Installed one 8Gb memory module (mta8atf1g64hz-3g2j1) with 8 Micron chips (9XJ45 D9WSM), 4 chips on each side.
Yes, I know that this module is not in the list of compatible ones, but there is no way to return it back to the store and buy a new one :(
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2020 at 10:23am
Dear Serj47,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

Regarding your case, please update the latest BETA BIOS P3.60K to try.
https://www.asrock.com/nettop/AMD/DeskMini%20A300%20Series/index.asp#BIOS

Thank you!
Yours truly,
ASRock TSD
Serj47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serj47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 11:36pm
I updated the bios. I also noticed that the gpu drivers were not included in their full scope. I installed a video driver certified from amd site. After that, I left the computer alone with no load until the morning without turning it off, and in the morning everything was fine with the mouse working. I only opened the task manager and left the computer again in this form for a few more hours without load, after a couple of hours I found that the mouse froze and the computer completely froze without a blue screen. Sleep mode is disabled, and I also want to say that such freezes do not occur often, spontaneously and usually when there is no load on the hardware, although once during the stress test aida64 also freezes :( Please help me .. and one more question if memory is without problems passes tests in memtest86 does this mean that it is not her fault?
Serj47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serj47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 9:49pm

I seem to have managed to fix the problem
I just moved the memory module to another slot (the one that is farther from the processor) About 5 days have already passed and there hasn't been a single freeze :-)

Now I'm thinking that if I ever want to add another memory module, the problem will start again ?!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic