ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ASRock Bulletin > Product News
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - World's First Mini-ITX X99--ASRock's X99E-ITX/ac
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

World's First Mini-ITX X99--ASRock's X99E-ITX/ac

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ASRock_News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World's First Mini-ITX X99--ASRock's X99E-ITX/ac
    Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 11:32am
TAIPEI, Taiwan, March 26, 2015 ??Intel's X99 chipset used to be represented by a long line of huge and bulky EATX or ATX motherboards, because the CPU, chipset, memory and whole layout required an extra large PCB to contain the extreme performance. But that was all yesterday's history. Now ASRock's research and development team has worked out a way to defy logics, and have built an incredibly small mini-ITX form factor motherboard with IntelĀ® X99 chipset's extremely huge performance. Hence the world's first and only mini-ITX X99 chipset motherboard ??ASRock X99E-ITX/ac is born!

Regardless of its tiny size, X99E-ITX/ac is built around an X99 chipset and an X Series OC Socket. This new socket design by ASRock unlocks the hidden performance of IntelĀ® LGA 2011-3 socket CPUs, giving the overall performance a huge boost. The whole set of Super Alloy hardware features are crammed onto the board too, including Premium 60A Power Chokes, Premium Memory Alloy Chokes, Fairchild 60A Dual Cool??DrMOS which withstands 60A currents and keeps the system cool, Nichicon 12k Platinum Capacitors that promotes performance, plus a luxurious 6 phase power design and digi power.

Edited by ASRock_News - 30 Mar 2015 at 11:33am
Sqrfrk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sqrfrk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 8:31am
What is the likelihood of ASRock pushing a BIOS update supporting (the currently sampling) 32GB ECC RDIMMs in the future? This would allow for a 64GB MAX RAM that would be mindblowing in an ITX form factor.

Edited by Sqrfrk - 24 Apr 2015 at 8:32am
Illegalseagull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Illegalseagull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 7:11pm
This board looks awesome. I love the idea of putting an ultra-high-end processor in an itx form factor. Combined with a compact 285, 960, or 970 gpu, you would have an amazing portable- or living room gaming rig that could also edit video, etc. I've heard good things so far.
ASROCK Z97M OC Formula
Intel i5 - 4690K @ 4.5ghz
Stable Overclock
sinusoid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinusoid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 1:29am
I was waiting for this for so long... Cry

I was regularly searching for 2011 ITX mobos since early 2012.
I bought my ASRock Z77E-ITX to get ready for what I then thought inevitable, but as years passed, I began losing hope. ASUS said they won't build a 2011 ITX. EVGA said they won't build a 2011 ITX. And fans asked, and prayed...

And then a few weeks ago I accidentally hit some French OC blog that posted news of this board, I couldn't believe the news! And DDR4's, finally 32 GB RAM in an ITX! And soon followed the news of a server-dedicated board that houses four SO-DIMMs. And then Samsung released 32GB DDR4 DIMMs...

ASRock, I'm grateful for this one beyond words. With this board you got yourself a loyalist :P

This is gonna be my next build, I swear.

Does it have any spare mini-pci-e ports on the board like the other ITX builds used to have?

edit:
Forgot about the dual ethernet slots... it means you can push a lot of data to and from the board, which makes it a perfect render node! They can be also daisy-chained if bandwidth is not a priority. Really awesome.

edit2:
For completeness, this is the server version with 4 SO-DIMMs:
http://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=EPC612D4I#Specifications

Edited by sinusoid - 28 May 2015 at 1:54am
Jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 3:15am
@sinusoid  I also did many searches for ITX, 2011 motherboards (and 1366 socket a few years back).  I was glad ASRock finally got something ready for us.

It seemed like a lot of people really wanted to see SO-DIMMs on the consumer motherboard to allow quad-channel RAM.  I wonder if ASRock considered this possibility.  That said, I'm glad I didn't have to buy DDR4 SO-DIMMs, the normal desktop DDR4 was expensive enough!
ASRock X99E-ITX/ac | Intel i7-5820K | ASUS GTX 970 mini | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Crucial Ballistix (2x8GB) | Corsair CX600M | CoolerMaster Seidon 120V | CoolerMaster Elite 110 | Windows 10 64-bit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Illegalseagull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 3:23am
Edit: I didn't realize they had the 4 so-dimms on the other board...things move quick around here!

I do like the fact that ASRock is offering the 2011-3 socket in both memory configurations.

I would go the route pictured above, with the 2 standard dinm slots. I can't picture a better board for cramming big processing power into a small case.

Edited by Illegalseagull - 28 May 2015 at 4:27am
ASROCK Z97M OC Formula
Stable Overclock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Illegalseagull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 4:29am
Practically half the board is socket pins...

That's just cool
ASROCK Z97M OC Formula
Stable Overclock
sinusoid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinusoid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 6:58am
@Jon: Yeah, agreed on the SO-DIMMs, though I wonder what's the real performance difference between those boards. If it's significant, I'd be puzzled which one should I get :/
X99E is still the choice if you want to max out RAM due to those 32GB Samsung modules, also EPC612D4I is a server board, I wouldn't expect much OC from it (but I guess 16 core Xeons don't need OC Geek They do need the quad channel though)

Still - wow, not only do we get a 2011 board, we also got choice!

I just wish those SO-DIMMS were in flat connectors... RAMS take up the most vertical space on those boards.

@Illegalseagull: Yep, all socket pins - but it's not that uncommon for the smaller form factors. If you look around, there are boards much smaller than the ITX for the quad-core mobile processors with TDP up to 75W, with 16+ PCI-E lanes, 16GB Ram, and they literally fit on your hand. There are some companies making such jewels for embedded systems.
But there was a huge niche since no one delivered such boards for the top of the line processors - until now! Big smile
AFAIR, the power/volume ratio of these boards is the best available on the market!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic