ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > OC Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

OC Tech Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INF3RN0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OC Tech Issues
    Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 3:38am
I just recently completed a new build a few weeks ago and am now attempting to OC my CPU. I've been running into some unexpected technical issues that maybe someone here can give some insight into.

CPU// Intel i7 5930k

Cooler// Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

GPU// EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0

Motherboard// Asrock Fatal1ty x99 Professional/3.1

RAM// 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @ 2400Mhz

PSU// EVGA 120-G2-1000-XR 80 Plus Gold 1000watt

OS// Windows 10

I've tried the mobo OC presets as well as manually inputting settings and also using very small OC values. RAM is set to use XMP 2.0. Bios and drivers are all up to date. The PC boots to desktop, however after a few minutes the desktop freezes and needs a cold reboot. I've monitored the CPU during this time and everything appears to be perfectly fine, I even applied more thermal paste to be sure. Without the OC everything runs just dandy, but I'd really like to be able to OC...

My guess is that maybe I got a chip that disagrees with OCing or perhaps it's a windows 10 or bios related issue. Any insight or suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks!
INF3RN0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INF3RN0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 4:55am
Scratch that, I just had to do some more extensive manual tweaking. Now stable @ 4.4ghz.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 5:00am
Glad to hear it, enjoy the new build Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic