ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASrock75m-HVS and Windows 10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waggy101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASrock75m-HVS and Windows 10
    Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 10:51pm
I have been trying to install windows 10 the last couple of days and it hasn't been working, I have used the upgrade tool from windows 7 from the microsoft website. The OS downloads and then begins to install, however when the computer restarts when installing it gets stuck on a black screen with the blue windows logo.  It then just stays on this screen, is it a problem with the motherboard?  The BIOS is still accessible.  ThanksSmile
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 11:44pm
Wow, all of one ASRock FM1 board remaining in the list of boards, and six boards total for FM1, what happened to that socket/processor series?

If you check your board's download page, you'll find there are zero Windows 10 drivers listed. Your board was released in mid-2011, so either AMD has not kept up with Win 10 driver updates for FM1 boards, or ASRock did not add them.

It also seems Win 10's native drivers are not compatible with the A55 chipset. I don't see any current ASRock boards using the A55 chipset.

I'll let the AMD experts add their opinions, but it might be the case that Win 10 is not supported on the A55 platform, sorry to say.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 1:53am
AMD Expert here Big smile

You're A75 board is supported by Windows 10 in-the-box drivers, with maybe IIRC the exception of the Realtek audio.

Upgrading inline the way you're I think doing is problematic. I suggest downloading the Win10 ISO from Microsoft then use the ISO to USB Tool from MS to install from USB.

Bump me via a pM if grabbing the ISO and converting it to USB does not work and we'll continue here under your, this,  thread/topic.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 1:55am
Oh! Can you enter Safe Mode the way it's (not) working now.
GrumpyAeroGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrumpyAeroGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 6:34am
Just curious.... is your windows account user profile on a drive other than C:\   ?

Do ANY of your libraries point anywhere other than your User Profile ?

If so, THIS may be the issue.

If your C:\ happens to be a SSD w/o sufficient space to support the libraries/user profile, I recommend making a backup image of your user profile, a fresh install of Win7, and then update imemdiately after the fresh install, then restore your files from your image.

Painful, I know. BUT, there is MS documentation out there indicating that a remote user profile and/or remote libraries hose things up.

This MAY work for you. As far as drivers go.... THAT I do not know.

Hope this may give you an indication of the potential issue....

Edited by GrumpyAeroGuy - 13 Jan 2016 at 6:36am
GrumpyAeroGuy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic