ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [B450 Pro4] Fail To POST after Downgrading Bios
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[B450 Pro4] Fail To POST after Downgrading Bios

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arzezio7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [B450 Pro4] Fail To POST after Downgrading Bios
    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 11:29pm
I need confirmation if my mobo is bricked or not after I downgrade from 4.50 to 3.31 using Instant Flash. The problems that I faced after the downgrade is that it won't POST after restart and there's only 1 long 3 short beeps. I understand that it's a sign of RAM-related error so I took out one stick but there is no changes. Still with the same beeps but when I try put both sticks out, there is no beep and the system will enter restart in loop. So if anyone thinks that it is totally dead let me know as soon as possible.

CPU : Ryzen 5 2600 (Stock)
RAM : TeamGroup Vulcan DDR4 2400 (16 GB)
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 11:39pm
Perform a full CMOS clear:
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=630&title=how-to-clear-cmos-via-battery-removal

If that does not work then open a support ticket with ASRock and they will advise
you on what to do to recover your board:

https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

I always recommend against back flashing to older versions unless absolutely
necessary and never when there is a major version number change (4.xx to 3.xx
in your case).

Edited by Xaltar - 12 Nov 2020 at 11:41pm
arzezio7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arzezio7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2020 at 12:25am
I did actually cleared the CMOS according to said suggestion but hopelessly to no avail.

I never downgrade BIOS in any motherboards since Athlon days until now. The reason that made me do this is the board stuck on POST in each restart which needs to be solved by manually forcing it to turn off and back on again. This prompted me to downgrade.

By the way, I used Instant Flash and the process completed with no error and only after reboot, it would not POST again like usual.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic