ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

QC5000-ITX/PH Possible problem?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thanostc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: QC5000-ITX/PH Possible problem?
    Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 6:46pm
Hi to all!

I just build a mini itx only for downloading purposes with the following components:

-Case Coolermaster Elite 100 w 150w PSU
-MB QC5000-ITX/PH
-RAM 8GB (2X4) CORSAIR VALUE 1333hz
-OS Disk SSD Kingston SSD NOW 120GB
-Data Disk 2.5" HITACHI 1TB 5400RPM

My concerns is that firstly the POWER LED is barely seen, as there is not enough power distributed..

And the second one is that i placed a fan 120mm facing directly the heatsink and connected in CPU FAN 3pin connector.. the fan has a blue LED light and when the pc is on it seems that the power coming from 3pin connector is not stable.. the LED light is like dimming and is not always in the same level and also if i place my ear very close to the case i can hear different spinning noise whenever the fan LED light is brighter instantly...

Any thoughts?

Did anyone facing same issues?

Thanking you in advance...

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 10:41pm
I'd like to think 150w is enough power for those components. More than enough.

Check the pins in the motherboards 24-pin ATXPWR1 power socket, and in doing so this will reseat the connection too. Bonus 2 for 1 operation.

Use a good(not $6.00) PSU Tester and verify the PSUs output.

Do a bench build of her outside of the case.
thanostc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thanostc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 2:51am
Hi i have a thermaltake PSU tester and i checked the PSU and everything went ok.. i just entered the BIOS and i saw in HW monitor instant fluctuation of CPU fan speed from 996 to 1015 and then 996 to 1015 and goes on... is it normal?? Maybe that's why i hear fluctuation in noise level and LED light level!!!
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 6:03am
Some questions

1. Double check that the 24-pin power connector IS properly seated all the way in the motherboards 24-pin socket. There are reports that some are backing out and not making full contact.

2. You added a fan. Was the system running warm as the reason for adding this fan?

3. Pass your hand into the exhaust air stream at the back of the PSU? Can you feel circulation? Does it seem too warm or even hot to your hand? Now physically touching the exhaust vent at the rear of the PSU, does it seem too warm or even hot to your hand?

4. Is 1015rpm the MAX RPM of the fan you added? Where and how is this fan mounted? Lastly, check that the fans cable end is firmly and properly attached to the boards 3-pin CPU_FAN1 connector.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic