ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

N3700 No video at all

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: N3700 No video at all
    Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 11:32pm
Hi all,
I've a very strange problem, i've bought a beebox, installed 2 Kingston DDR3L Hyper-x module of Ram and an OCZ SSD, but when i've tried to power on the PC nothing happended no video signal on all the three port....

After that i've decided to give it back and i've bought an N3700 ITX motherboard, now i've the same problem, after a lot of checking i was confident that the problem was the RAM, so i've bought 2 modules of Kingston from the qualified list, but it's the same, green light from the chassis but nothing else, already tried diferent cables and 2 TV's and 1 PC Monitor......

I've build a lot of Pc in the last 20 years and i've never had such a problem,  i think that there are 2 options:

1 - I'm very unlucky.....Ouch
2 - I'm missing something so easy that i don't think at it.....

Thanks.....
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2016 at 11:52pm
I have seen a few problems with no display on the forums here, often it turns out to be cables. I know you said you have tried different cables but have you tried a standard DVI or Dsub monitor?

Failing that try clearing CMOS on the system with the new RAM installed. It may be that the board tried to detect an incompatible kit then retained the settings thus preventing the new kit for initializing correctly. 

My N3150M worked flawlessly right out of the box, all I needed to do was connect the PSU, RAM and SSD and it fired right up so unless your board shipped with the clear CMOS jumper set to clear I don't see what you could have missed aside from the obvious, RAM incompatibility, bad PSU or incorrectly connected headers/stuck reset switch. As you have been building PCs for 20 years I imagine you have already checked all these but figured it's worth mentioning, we all miss things sometimes Embarrassed
Happo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 12:07am
I've tried also DVI

Already tried to reset CMOS after RAM change.....

I'll try to consider all your advices, but consider that the beebox it's fully assembled out of the box, just add RAM and HDD, and the problem was the same, so i don't think it's a power supply problem..

Now i'm seeing that there are a lot of problem on video output concerning the sequences of power up of the monitor and the machine, i'll make some trials also with an ubuntu live stick, because it seems that sometimes the post screen don't show up....

Edited by Happo - 15 Jan 2016 at 12:08am
tilutza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tilutza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 1:28am
Hi,

I have a N3700 too. I replaced 2 sets of RAM, tried with the HDMI, DVI and DisplayPort and not of them is functioning. 
I have also tried with another power supply and nothing.

Sometimes I have the NUmLock led on during the boot, and sometimes not. However I have never any video.

I can mention that I have reseted the BIOS using the jumper, get out the battery and nothing ...

Can someone give me anything ?

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 1:44am
@Happo, so you are getting the post screen?
Happo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 2:10am
No, no luck at all......
I'll wait a reply from asrock 'till tomorrow evening, otherwise i'll send it back, to be onest i don't like to surrender to this kind of things, but i've finished the ideas and i'm seeing that this "NUC" pc's have a lot of problems with the video output.....
tilutza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tilutza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 11:43pm
I fixed my problem by switching the RAM in the other port.

Apparently in the manual, it was saying that if you have only one RAM, you need to put in the A1 port
Happo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 12:17am
UPDATE:
I've found a displayport monitor just to try the last option, still no luck, no vital signs, no light on the wired keyboard, nothing.......

I've decided to give the Mb back to amazon and give up on the project.....

For the moment i've made some changes at the fan of my main PC (Z97M Formula + i5 4690k + Gtx 970), with a more silent setup, and i'll use it also as mediacenter.......

Edited by Happo - 21 Jan 2016 at 12:18am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic