Forum Home Forum Home > Gaming Zone > Gaming PC Build Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLooking for Graphics Card Suggestion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for Graphics Card Suggestion
    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 7:50pm
Hey Buddy,

I'm new in this group and wanted to build my first gaming PC for gaming and video editing works (I'm thinking to start my own channel).

As I'm a student, I'm not able to spend much on PC Parts so I'm confused about which graphics card should I choose in my build?

Here is my build which I'm thinking to buy, please guide me is this graphics card okay for my build? And please help me in reducing the cost of my build.

PC Builder Part List: https://pcbuilder.net/rigs/KJTDAY/

1. Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Processor, 6 Cores and 12 Threads with Wraith Spire Cooler ($226.67 @ Amazon US)

2. Motherboard: ASRock AM4/X570M Pro4/DDR4/M.2/HDMI/DP/RJ45 Motherboard ($177.99 @ Amazon US)

3. Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300A high airflow full-metal mesh design, compact ATX Mid-tower, 120mm black case fan ($59.99 @ Amazon US)

4. Graphics Card: ASUS Dual NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super EVO V2 OC Edition Gaming Graphics Card (PCIe 3.0, 8GB GDDR6 Memory, HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI-D, Axial-Tech Fan, 0dB Technology, DirectCU II, Auto-Extreme) ($721.58 @ Amazon US)

5. RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB 3733MHz DDR4 Ram CL19 DIMM (Kit of 2) 1Rx8 RGB Desktop Memory Infared Sync Technology, 32GB kit (2 x 16GB) ($181.30 @ Amazon US)

6. Storage: Samsung EVO 970 1TB PCIe Gen3 x4 NVMe M.2-2280 Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology & 1024MB Cache ($127.98 @ Amazon US)

7. Power Supply: Corsair CX 650 Series, 80+ Bronze Certified 650W Modular Power Supply ($93.99 @ Amazon US)

Total: $1,590
Generated by PC Builder (https://pcbuilder.net/) on 7th of December, 2020
magarity View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 12:31am
Most if not all of your items are less expensive on Newegg. I stopped buying computer parts on Amazon; Newegg has actual customer service instead of just the Amazon return option. They've also been in the computer parts business since before Amazon was even just a book store.
You've picked a lot of items for flashiness, it seems. "HyperX Fury" sounds cool, but really, they're overpriced mainly due to packaging and presentation. You're paying about $65 extra for some colored lights on the memory sticks. Seriously? Go with Crucial or Corsair if you want quality per price. Corsair's LPX series in particular is an exceptional choice, IMO. I just bought a 32GB (2x16) kit of that for $117. Alas, there are no lights on it. I kept $65 instead compared to the Fury with blinky lights: https://www.microcenter.com/product/616299/corsair-vengeance-lpx-32gb-(2-x-16gb)-ddr4-3200-pc4-25600-cl16-dual-channel-desktop-memory-kit-cmk32gx4m2e3200---black
For the video card, you've picked a rather hard core gaming model. At 720$ its the priciest item by far. If you're a student with not much to spend, that model is looking like a serious luxury! I recommend something in the 1660 or 1650 series for a lot less $$$. Then if you start your own channel and make a few bucks, then you can upgrade to something like that. I have a 1650 and it works just great for video and photo editing. Look at it this way: if you spend all your time playing games in 4K with the 2060 then you won't have any motivation. If you aren't happy with games at 2K with a 1650 then you'll do better on your work productions! Finding ways to motivate yourself is the key to success, seriously.
Oh, and if you downgrade to a $400 card, use the difference to get a better power supply. Silver or gold, and at least 750 watts. It makes a serious difference in whether your system will last or burn out.
magarity View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 12:35am
Oh I just noticed you listed the 2600x; the 5600x are out and much, much better.
JaronCamacho View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2023 at 11:42pm
Hi folks. Need your help. I have a rather weak PC, but I'd like to study video editing. Are there any video editors that don't require a powerful PC? Oh, and I know this is an old thread, but I really need your help
TommyDickerson View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 2:06pm
I totally get your dilemma. Studying video editing with a weak PC can be challenging, but don't worry, there are video editors out there that don't require a powerful machine. You could try out software like Movavi Video Editor or Shotcut
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 5:05pm
This forum is for ASRock and gaming related topics. For help with software please
go to an appropriate forum and inquire there.

[Locked]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic