ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

FM2A88X-ITX+ No onboard line out (lime) audio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chippy57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 7:06am
There's no need to scroll down on any of the UEFI bios pages apart from the initial page where you can set ram settings etc.

On the Southbridge if I enable HDMI audio I do at least get audio devices shown in the device manager. If I then hover I get no speakers attached rather than no audio output device installed.

When I try what I think is correct re onboard analogue only required with Realtek drivers it doesnt pick up onboard audio with these BIOS (3.20) settings:

Advanced > N.Bridge > Onboard HDMI HD Audio - disabled
Onboard Graphics - Auto

Advanced > S.Bridge > Onboard HD Audio  -Enabled
Advanced > S.Bridge > Front Panel Audio - Disabled.

I'm even starting to think of moving it to connect via HDMI to a TV to see if I can get audio via HDMI. Then I'm getting to the conclusion that there's something wrong with the onboard audio.

Edited by chippy57 - 19 Jan 2016 at 7:22am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 5:24pm
Blindly stabbing in the dark here now as I don't own your specific motherboard and have not experience this issue with my A88X board.

You, we, have made enough changes in the BIOS regarding this now that I feel a clearing of the CMOS via battery removal and jiggering the CLRCMOS jumper is might maybe a good thing to do at this point.

Post back how it behaves after doing the above.

Also Chip, where are you located?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic