ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

how to clear cmos on asrock b450m pro4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TYRANTx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to clear cmos on asrock b450m pro4
    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 9:12pm
greetings,

i really need a hand resetting my bios to default as my pc is stuck in a bootloop. i dont know where the jumper is on this motherboard, or where the battery is. its possible it could be behind the gpu? i have an rtx 2060 and this is my first time dealing with anything like this. i had no issues until i attempted to OC the cpu / ram. any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
muziqaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muziqaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 3:55pm
It's at the bottom of the motherboard.
If you look at the left edge of metal heatsink which says Asrock on it, and trace the line down to the bottom of the motherboard, you will see two pins which say CLRCMOS1.
I would attach the photo, but work computer does not allow me that.
Alternatively, you can pop the battery out, from the motherboard. battery is held by the clip on left hand side, if you squeeze it, battery will pop out. Obviously follow every procedure explained in the manual.
Actually motherboard manual should have the position of CMOS clear pins visually shown ;)
folding@home
truncatione View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truncatione Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 11:59pm
Hi
Is it normal that my PC restarts about every 10 seconds and if yes do i have to use my old cpu to let it run for 10min or should it reastart for 10min?
truncatione View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truncatione Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 12:02am
Originally posted by truncatione truncatione wrote:

Hi
Is it normal that my PC restarts about every 10 seconds and if yes do i have to use my old cpu to let it run for 10min or should it reastart for 10min?

I would be very thankfull if someone could help me.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 4:14am
That is usually a RAM issue, make sure you have the RAM in slots A2 and B2 or just
A2 if you only have one stick. Also make sure they are properly seated in the slot,
if they are not pushed in all the way they can cause this issue.

If that still won't get the system to POST then see if you can try some different
RAM, RAM compatibility can still be problematic with AM4.
bjlockie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjlockie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 11:20am
Assuming your video card is in the x16 slot.
The battery is near the end and below the video card.
It is a round button batter.
Just take it out for a minute (unplug the computer first :-)).
ASRock B450M Pro4
16 GB DDR4, 500 watt PS, AMD Ryzen-5 5600, NVidia GTX-1050, 5.70 BIOS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic