ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X570 Phantom Gaming X unable to enable thunderbolt
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Phantom Gaming X unable to enable thunderbolt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yesh002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X570 Phantom Gaming X unable to enable thunderbolt
    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 1:11pm
When enabling thunderbolt from bios, my desktop does not post. I have a X570 phantom gaming X. Tried the latest version of bios and a few older ones.

I tried setting security to none and all the other values along with enabling thunderbolt. The system does not post.

Each time i have to reset cmos after enabling thunderbolt to get it to post.

I have an ASRock thunderbolt aic 2.0 that works well even without enabling thinderbolt from bios. But when I plug in my keyboard and mouse to the monitors its not detected my ubuntu 20.04 and Windows 10. So i am suspecting i have to enable it in bios to get it to recognize my mouse and keyboard connected to the monitor.

I tried replacing asrock thunderbolt aic with gigabyte titan ridge 2.0, the same result. With thunderbolt disabled in bios both my 4k monitors work fine, but my mouse and keyboard are not recognized.
Yesh002 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yesh002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 1:13pm
Forgot to mention that the motherboard shows A0 debug code for a long time when thunderbolt is enabled but the system does not post.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic