ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD and Intel Graphics Card
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - (Solved)ASRock RX6800 Challenger Poor Performance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

(Solved)ASRock RX6800 Challenger Poor Performance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IamNutReal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 6:59pm
Hi Siropo,

Thank you for the quick answer ! What I don't get is when you compare the benchmark, there is an average and a best score from other poeple, so it means it is not all the rx 6800 but maybe the one from Asrock?

siropo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siropo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 7:03pm
yes, only the Asrock RX 6800 models are -15% worse in performance compared to the other brands and the reference card score. You can see this in the 3D mark software, userbechmak scores, and games comparison.
IamNutReal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IamNutReal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 7:33pm
Even if the rx 6800 still working well, it is kind of a shame to get as much difference compare to the other brand. I choosed the Asrock to go with the MB x570 but I did not expect that to be honest. I will continue to look if there is anything that I can do to solve this but this is a disappointment haha

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IamNutReal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 10:35pm
Good afternoon Siropo, I hope to come with good news. I've been looking a lot on how to increase the performance to reach the average for the rx 6800. It appear that Asrock released a new Bios version (L.04) which is fixing the issues. I've switch from 11k (time spy benchmark) to 14.5k at stock, without undervolting/OC.

You just have to update/flash the bios of the Gpu and there it is !

Let me know if it fix you problem, it is working a way better now on my RX 6800 Phantom Gaming OC.

siropo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siropo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 10:44pm
Thank you for the reply. Can you please, send me a link to the BIOS?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IamNutReal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 10:56pm
There you will find the direct link to the bios for your challenger : https://www.asrock.com/Graphics-Card/AMD/Radeon%20RX%206800%20Challenger%20Pro%2016G%20OC/index.asp#BIOS

I have follow the advised from asrock, flashed the bios, then undervolted the gpu. the result is clear : I had first a TimeSpy score (graphic) of 11500, now i'm at 15900. The result let me speechless.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic