ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ASRock Bulletin > Product News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock's new C232 Chipset Powered motherboad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_Official Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock's new C232 Chipset Powered motherboad
    Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 2:59pm
TAIPEI, Taiwan, December 28, 2015 ??Intel's Xeon E3-1200 series processors were pretty popular since their performance is somewhat close to Core i7 processors, but cost way much less. However, earlier Intel® has decided to make these new Xeon E3-1200 v5 processors exclusive to Intel® C232 chipset platforms, meaning that it won't work on your average Z170/H170/B150/H110 chipset motherboards. On the bright side, ASRock will release an Intel® C232 chipset based motherboard after Christmas to match the CPU with the best value, Intel's E3-1230 v5. A workstation motherboard ASRock E3V5 WS.

ASRock E3V5 WS is a workstation motherboard that is specifically designed for content creators. It lacks support for Intel's integrated graphics, but supports both ordinary DDR4 memory modules, ECC memory DIMMs, and also AMD FirePro and NVIDIA® Quadro high-end graphics cards instead. Moreover, the onboard Intel® I219LM LAN chip provides server grade internet connections, plus it allows this workstation motherboard to support server operating systems.

For more details about these boards, please go to: http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/E3V5%20WS/index.asp
logainofhades View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logainofhades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 10:51pm
When will this and the OC version be released? Highly interested in the OC version, but would love it if you made a M-ATX or mini-ITX version of the OC board.Thumbs Up

Edited by logainofhades - 26 Jan 2016 at 11:01pm
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 4:05am
The Fatal1ty E3V5 Performance Gaming/OC version of the C232 chipset board is now being included in ASRock's Mother Board product page:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty%20E3V5%20Performance%20GamingOC/

I'm not sure what the release date for these boards will be, but it should be soon.

Processor support includes the Intel® Xeon E3-1200 v5 series, the Mainstream and Performance Intel® i3, i5, and i7 6000 series Skylake S, Intel® Pentium G4000 Series Skylake S, and Intel® Celeron G3900 Series Skylake S.

Note that both of the E3V5 boards do not support Intel Integrated graphics, so a video card must be used with these boards.

The C232 chipset supports the Intel® RSTe Rapid Storage Technology enterprise driver, and uses the new DMI3 (PCIe 3.0) interface. That should provide great SATA performance and stability.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 7:12am
First that I've seen real decent review of the E3V5 WS board
http://www.vmodtech.com/en/article/asrock-e3v5-ws-review/page/

I just today received the E3V5 WS. Due to me and my family moving to Arizona this month I won't get a chance to build it and give a review until after I get settled in after the move.

An E3-1260L V5 45W Xeon and some G.Skill goodness arriving here later this week.

Sux. I wanted so much to get these parts in time for a quickie build before moving Cry

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 8:48am
OMGosh, moving! One of the worst things to do, particularly if you've lived where you are for a while.

Don't forget your E3V5 board, your first priority when you reach AZ. Wink
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 9:18am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

One of the worst things to do, .........

Unghuh. Rates right up there with asking the Wife if I can now spend $754.59 for ANOTHER processor and MORE memory, it does Wink

She'll get over it. NOT Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic