ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - PG Velocita x AMD 5900x - Incorrect Temperatures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

PG Velocita x AMD 5900x - Incorrect Temperatures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PG Velocita x AMD 5900x - Incorrect Temperatures
    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 10:30am
Hi, I've noticed a weird discrepancy between the x570 PG Velocita's CPU PECI sensor and the sensors on the AMD 5900x CPU which is causing my CPU fans to remain at the same RPM regardless of load.

Basically, during stress testing and gaming, I've seen the motherboard reporting the CPU temperature only as high as 50c (determined via Phantom Gaming software) whereas other software such as HWinfo display other CPU temperature sensors in the 70-80c range. I would like my fans to spin up when these temperatures are reached, but since the motherboard thinks the temperatures are a lot lower than they actually are, the fans remain on a lower power level.

I've adjusted my fan curve to try to match what I've seen, but the lowest you can set 100% power to is 60c which I've never seen the motherboard report even close to. I was reading that others have faced this issue with other ASRock motherboards but they seem to have a solution in their BIOS to allow the CPU curve to monitor other sensors like TDie or Tctl, but the PG Velocita only lets me choose from the predefined CPU or motherboard temperatures. It would be nice if this new model would be able to have the option to switch to other sensors.

Let me know if I've missed something obvious on how to set the curve better or use a different sensor.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic