ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

RAID 0 on 870 Extreme 3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RAID 0 on 870 Extreme 3
    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 8:14pm
Hello,

I have looked all up and down the internet for a solution and have not figured out why this will not work... so I've come here hoping someone may be able to offer some advice.

I have 5 120GB SATA III drives (different brands/models) connected on ports 1-5 on my motherboard. I have enabled RAID on my motherboard and setup an LD under Raid 0 combining all 5 drives into one drive with 600GB. The RAID utility on the motherboard recognizes the RAID and shows it is functional, but when installing Windows 10, the RAID 0 is not recognized and no drives are shown. I have downloaded the RAID driver onto a USB disc and loaded the drivers during the install but nothing changes.

I have tried setting up the RAID with 2 drives, 3 drives, 4 drives, and all 5. No difference. I have tried Windows 7 as well, and I have updated my BIOS to the most current driver. I have read the motherboard manual and followed the instructions (as best as I can understand them). There's some mention about creating a floppy? I think my usb drive is serving that purpose.

Please let me know what I could be missing.
Aitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 8:16pm
I've noticed on many other forums that a common reply is that RAID 0 is not advisable, but I am not worried about data loss. Nothing important will be stored on this system. I simply want to know how to make this work.
jdillipl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdillipl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 4:21am
You will need to load a RAID driver, however Asrock has no drivers for Windows 10 for this motherboard. They do have one for Windows 7 and an installation guide (https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/870%20Extreme3/index.us.asp#Download)

Jake
Asrock X370 Killer SLI/ac, Amd Ryzen 7 1700, GSkill FlareX F4-2400C16D-32GFX, RaidMax Thunder V2 735W PS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic