ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Computer not waking up from sleep mode

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wlammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Computer not waking up from sleep mode
    Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 10:59pm
Hello,

My computer is not waking up from sleep mode, In sleep mode the power Led is blinking and fans running, using keyboard, mouse or power button wont wake up the computer. Only solution is to press the powerbutton for 5 seconds to shut the computer down.
I checked in device manager if power on from sleep is enabled from the mouse and keyboard, both ok.
I have a 970Fatal1TY motherboard, with a FX8150 CPU, 8G DDR3 Ram, MSI R9280X card, Crucial SSD 500Mb and running on windows 10/64.
Also had the problem when shutting down the system fans and led kept on running, i solved that by switching off "quick startup" in power management. Makes startup way longer.
Anybody any suggestions for the above?
Thanks in advance,

regards wim 

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 3:09am
Normally in Sleep mode, fans in the PC should not be running. That suggests that for some reason you are not entering the S3 Sleep state.

Do you have the Fatal1ty 970 Performance board, or the Fatal1ty 970 Performance/3.1?

There are only two drivers available for download for Windows 10. Are you using the standard Windows 10 drivers, or did you install the AMD all in 1 driver ver:15.20.1060?

This could be a driver problem with Win 10 and your AMD board. Did you change any of the Sleep settings in the BIOS?

Some mice and keyboards, wireless types usually, can have problems sending a wake from Sleep signal. I have that problem myself, even with MSoft mice and keyboards. That could be driver related too.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 4:32am
^^^ what parsec said, and, whatever board .../3.1 or not .... try updating to the latest available BIOS for YOUR board.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic