ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > HTPC & Mini PC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

4x4 Mini 4800U

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsmiddleton4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4x4 Mini 4800U
    Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 9:25pm
New owner and doing initial build.

1. I've emailed Asrock Tech Support for the updated firmware, addresses a couple of issues, not hearing back. Is there a secret I'm missing£

2. There's a row of pins/headers that look like USB connectors over by the 2nd hard drive clip in port. Anyone know what those are£ Not sure how you could use them if so as there's no open ports and I wouldn't want to make any. Just wondering.

3. I'm using DDR 3200 but CL22 ram. Only other ram I can find right now is CL18. Didn't seem worth the price to go to CL18 from CL22. The CL16 maybe available later. This isn't a high power gaming PC with water cooling, etc., pushing over clocking, etc. Is there some advantage to CL16 and this box£

I'm excited to get this thing up and running. Would really like the firmware update first which is what other owners advise as well. Even one of the official reviews of this box. Update firmware FIRST.
jsmiddleton4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsmiddleton4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 8:05am
I was in the right ball park. Those headers are an extra USB 2 port, the old fashion COM port and there's a header for system LED's like hard drive, etc.

https://download.asrock.com/IPC/Manual/Jumper/4x4-4000%20Series.pdf
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic