ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

BIOS Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aadnan181 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BIOS Update
    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 2:36am
I recently had to reset my BIOS manually(by removing CMOS battery) due to technical issues. Now I'm seeing a splash screen showing me GPU BIOS info at boot before showing the normal ASRock splash screen. Do I need to update my BIOS to remove that splash screen£ If so then can I directly update it to the latest£y The current version is 2.6. Is there any other option in the current UEFI settings to disable that splash screen£ [Gpu bios message](https://i.imgur.com/TtScJAU.jpg)

Mobo: ASRock B450 Steel Legend
GPU: RTX 2060 SUPER
muziqaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muziqaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 9:10pm
If your system works as before and stable, no need to update BIOS, as BIOS updates tend to bring some bugs
folding@home
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 11:31pm
As Muziqaz said, I wouldn't risk an update if your system is working normally.
The message you are getting is mostly likely just a setting in the UEFI, I would
guess something to do with GPU OPROM display. You will have to browse through your
boot related settings in your BIOS and see if there is something to do with it.

Personally, I would just leave it be, all disabling it would do is make it not
show the text, it would still have to load (won't make POST faster) but you just
won't see the text.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic