ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

H170M-ITX/ac frooze and is not posting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duwde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H170M-ITX/ac frooze and is not posting
    Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 6:17pm
Help,

Just bought a new computer :
Asrock H170M-ITX/ac
i5 6600 1151 stock cooler
2x4gb Memory Kignston HyperX HX421C14FBK2/8
Aerocool GT-500-SG 80 Plus Gold Power Supply
Samsung 250gb 850 EVO SSD
CPU and Memory in on the supported page of the MB

First it work fine, runned memtest.org for 1hour OK
Trying installing win7 but it didn´t work using USB (got it it should not, ok)
Trying installing win10 and it just FROOZE on the initial isntall

After that it just won´t POST, stock cooler runs, power supply runs but no beep and nothing on screen. (using onboard HDMI, no external video card)

Searching the forum it seems there are MANY people with the very same problem. I didn´t upgrade the BIOS, was using the version that came with the MOBO (probably old one)

Please help, what can I do ? HELP !!!

Edited by duwde - 29 Jan 2016 at 8:05am
duwde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duwde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 6:28pm
Just found someone  here with the VERY same problem.
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1716&title=asrockh170mitx-ac-wont-post

Just to add, I was running on standard memory speeds, no OC, nothing unusual.
I tried another PSU, tried reseting CMOS, tried removing everything and adding again, and tried a lot of the standard things and nothing worked. (?´m from old school, build many computers, so I´m used to all things)

What can i do ?? As the MB doen´t POST !!! any suggestion ? I heard someone on the forum saying that it let the motherboard on for hours and then it just booted, should I try that ? Im afraid of cooking the CPU or something like that.

please advice !!!

Edited by duwde - 28 Jan 2016 at 6:48pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 8:18pm
Leaving it in a powered state waiting and hoping for it to boot is not a good practice.

How old is your PSU?

Borrow a friends larger PSU and re-test with it installed.

edit: This reads from here like it's power/PSU related to me anyways

Edited by wardog - 28 Jan 2016 at 8:20pm
duwde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duwde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 1:07am
its a brand new 500w 80 plus Gold PSU

tried another psu just to be sure but it doesnt work

thr most strange is that it worked for some time, frooze in the win10 install
MaxBuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaxBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 4:47pm
Really wonderful to read the article! So I was doing some searching on the Orange Pi forum and found a post about Penetration testing suite. I really liked the idea of it so I decided to make this article about it! I help develop XIOPAN on raspberry pi and other SBCs, through my work with XIOPAN i have an idea in https://www.essaywritinglab.co.uk/coursework/ site to get course work. Thanks!
Jameswilson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jameswilson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2022 at 5:35pm
was doing some searching on the Orange Pi forum and found a post about the cloud creation guide. I created a cloud through my Raspberry Pi 4 and it's simply amazing. Thanks for the guide.
To get the project completed by myself, I took help from coursework help service for my academic coursework.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic