ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

A320M-HDV R4.0 not detecting HD 7670 GPU

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mschosting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A320M-HDV R4.0 not detecting HD 7670 GPU
    Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 5:36am
Hello, my system is:

Summary
Operating System
               Windows 10 Education 64-bit
          CPU
               AMD Ryzen 5     60 °C
               Pinnacle Ridge 12nm Technology
          RAM
               16.0GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1330MHz (16-18-18-36)
          Motherboard
               ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0 (AM4)     34 °C
          Graphics
               SyncMaster (1632x1036@60Hz)
               Philips 190B (1280x1024@60Hz)
               4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 (ASUStek Computer Inc)     43 °C
          Storage
               232GB Western Digital WDC WDS250G1B0A-00H9H0 (SATA (SSD))     28 °C
               931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-07M2NA0 (SATA )     31 °C
               238GB ALCYON (SATA (SSD))     26 °C
          Optical Drives
               TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB
          Audio
               USB Audio Device

1 monitor with HDM 1 with DVI and another VGA

Was looking to install a graphic card AMD HD 7670 GPU (I guess the card is worst than the one I already use but that is not the problem)

When I inserted the HD GPU in I got 1 beep, followed by 3 more beeps, no image nothing loads at all.

From what I read it means graphic card problem. No wonder since it was the only thing I changed :)

My first impression because it was a cheap card from AliExpress was the card is not only fake, but is fake and dead lol

After a few restarts insert card remove card reset bios got fed up and just quit completely sure the card was dead just got the refund.
But then today I had an epiphany, what if Iam a moron and Iam doing something stupid£ So I tried the card on my older computer AMD FX. And the card worked perfectly right from the start.

So now I know the card is working, I got this new PC where the card is not recognized, google away and tried most of the suggestions to no avail.

I tried to:

A) Install the latest firmware for the bios. But I went further and tried not only the latest firmware but 3 different versions just in case one of those would work.

B) turn on the PC just with HDMI monitor connected, to no avail, just with VGA, nothing, only DVI no image at all.

C) Make another bios reset by removing the battery waiting 10m but no change.

D) Change Bios setting to force start with PCIe but I believe the option was already on.

I get no warning or any sign other than a dreadful bip followed by 3 beeps.
It does not seem t be software related or at least the screen would turn on.
Any idea on what the problem may be£

Iam not really worried for not being able to use the fake chinese card, although would like to test it just for fun, but in a few days I will get a real gtx 1050ti and Iam kinda worried I just get the 3 beeps again

James545 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2022 at 12:22am
Gaming is something that teaches me about freedom. and, Makes me feel so relax to achieve everything in life gradually. That's what I also learned during reading the article with straight from the source facts. If you are having depression or something. So I believe taking is a way out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic