ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock B450M Pro4, RAM problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wernergh9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock B450M Pro4, RAM problem
    Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 6:05am
Hello! I have a problem with my B450M pro4 MB recognizing RAM. I have two RAMs: a HyperX Black Fury 8GB 3200MHz and a HyperX Predator 8GB 3200Mhz. When I install only the Predator in the A2 or B2 slots, it is recognized. But when I insert only the Black Fury, the Motherboard doesn't recognize it (tried in all 4 slots), it just enters a restart loop and can't even get into the BIOS. Given the Predator is recognized and not the Black Fury, I took it back to the store and changed it for a brand new one. Just brought it back home and still doesn't work, so I'm not sure what is wrong. I've tried updating the BIOS and got the last version, and also reseting BIOS configuration with the CLR CMOS jumper, and nothing.

PS: I've been using only the Predator these days and have Windows 10 and all my file and stuff on the SSD. If I connect both RAMs at the same time, just the Predator is recognized.
Werner
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 8:07pm
are you seating the memory properly£ Some sticks you really have to force in to get that "click"...

try the easy stuff first
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
wernergh9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wernergh9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 2:12am
I belive I am. At first I also thought that maybe I wasn't making enough pressure, but I'm pretty sure I've made enough.
Werner
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 1:32pm
try unplugging computer (or turn switch off on PSU) and then pop the CMOS battery out .. hold the power button in for a few seconds to discharge all power from capacitors.. wait about 5 minutes'ish .. and then pop the battery back in and put one of the "Blacks" in A2 by itself and turn on computer and see what it does.
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
wernergh9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wernergh9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 5:45am
Nice, I'm goona try that.
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 2:54am
You sure the store actually gave you a brand new replacement module and didn't just hand you the same one back? As the behaviour you describe is typical of a few things;

1. The module is faulty
2. Theres a problem with your CPUs memory controller
3. Theres a problem with one (or more) of the DIMM banks on the mainboard
4. It's just not compatible with your board

Have you tried using the memory stick that does work in all 4 DIMM banks? Running mismatched memory modules is never a good idea honestly you are better off getting a refund on the problem module and buying a proper Dual Channel kit then selling the other lone module on ebay.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic