ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

A300 Deskmini Debug light£

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fiftytwelve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A300 Deskmini Debug light£
    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 9:48pm
I?™ve been having trouble getting my A300 to post.

Current setup:
A300 Deskmini
Ryzen 3 3200G
Corsair Vengeance 16gb (2x8) 2400mhz
500gb Crucial SSD (SATA)

I was wondering if there is supposed to be a debug light anywhere on the motherboard when powering up the motherboard. Ive already tested my CPU on my main PC and it is still working. I also did the one RAM stick method with no success. I have ordered another pair of RAM sticks that are actually in the QVL list, so I?™m currently waiting on that.

I just want to find out whether i have a faulty motherboard before continuing on messing with this build.

If anyone can help me with more suggestions to troubleshoot this issue, I?™d greatly appreciate it!
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 1:52pm
Dear Fiftytwelve,

Thank you for posting your query to the ASRock forum.

To support the 3200G CPU, it is required to have the BIOS 3.50 ready on the system.
Please check with the vendor to see if the system has the BIOS version that is 3.50 or newer.

Also, you can try the suggestions below:
1.     Check if the monitor cable and monitors are working properly.
2.     Reinstall the CPU.
3.     Remove the USB and storage devices from the system.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD
fiftytwelve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fiftytwelve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 2:53am
I can assure that the cable is still working as i have tried it on 2 working monitors. I have reseated the CPU several times with same results.

I cannot verify what BIOS version is really installed but I do see a sticker on the motherboard that has a label as ?˜P3.50?? Whether that is confirmed or not, I would have to ask the seller (bought through amazon).

I have a new pair of RAM sticks arriving today to rule out the RAM issue.
7D5WCHs5vP34p69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7D5WCHs5vP34p69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 9:30am
Reset CMOS by shorting pin with screwdriver - if it will start then update your bios ASAP to 3.60K with agesa 1.0.0.4

Asrock is probably waiting for World War 3 with newer agesa update to stable line of bioses. Agesa 1.0.0.1 is too old to run 3200g/3400g stable - 50/50% it would black screen again after few reboot's requiring you to reset cmos.
fiftytwelve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fiftytwelve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 8:12pm
I've tried the CMOS reset several times with no luck.

Decided to return the A300. It was either the CPU socket (was loose when i received it and bought used) or the BIOS wasn't updated to let me run with my ryzen 3 3200g.

Ended up getting the X300 now and its been working well since.

Thanks for all the suggestions!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic