ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450/ac WiFi No Video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bblake12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450/ac WiFi No Video
    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 7:42am
I recently built a new system using the ASROCK B450/AC Wifi board.

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 CPU
MSI Geforce 1050ti Video Card - HDMI

I started with Patriot Viper RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 memory. I booted the system, everything lit up, fan spinning but no video. I rebooted several times and then finally I booted to Windows.
Periodically when the system goes to sleep, there is no video when it wakes up and you have to go through the reboot cycle several time to get video.

I ordered slower memory this week - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 DRAM DDR4 3200
I got it today and it is worse, no matter how many times I reboot there is no video. So I switched back to the Patriot memory but I would like to solve this.

I am installing in the A2/B2 slots but it doesn't matter which ones I use, I still get no video
bblake12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bblake12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 7:46am
I should have noted, the Patriot memory is DD4 3600 so faster than the Corsair
muziqaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muziqaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 8:03pm
First Ryzen CPUs were known to have issues with memory speeds above 2933Mhz. 3600Mhz is out of the question at the best of the days. 3200Mhz might work if all the planets align that day.
You best best would be to try Corsair at 2933Mhz to see if it is stable, if not try Patriot at 2933Mhz or 3000Mhz. Also you need to set RAM voltage to what memory sticks recommend, not what BIOS sets it to. The days of slotting in the RAM into your motherboard and leaving it be are gone. These days you have to tweak your ram to work optimally.
folding@home
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 1:00am
i think the patriot 3600 has a chance to be using the samsung b dies
(the actual chips on the ram stick)
so you might have better luck with the patriot at 3200 mhz
try manually setting the timings in bios to 16/18/18/36 and set ram volts to 1.35
if it goes thru that no start loop 3 times then boots windows it means its still not happy with the ram timings
can you check the box the cpu came in for its code ?
the 2017 release of 1600 was called AE in the code
the later much better 1600 has AF in the code and is basically a 2600 cpu
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 2:13am
Do you mean you have the B450M/ac? First gen Ryzen CPUs found it extremely difficult to get above 3466MHz even on high end boards but 3200MHz should be easy. Heres some steps you can try;

1. Enter the UEFI and load setup defaults, save and exit.
2. When the board is starting the POST process enter the UEFI again, load the XMP profile but also manually select 3200MHz from "DRAM Frequency".
3. Save and exit.

If the system does not POST swap the DIMM banks the memory modules are installed in, the correct DIMM banks to use for Dual Channel are either A1+B1 or A2+B2 depending on what memory ICs your particular memory kit has then try repeating the above steps. The board might reboot once after dialing in the new memory settings, this is normal and the board going through the DRAM Training phase.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic