ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[B550 Steel Legend]RGB LED stay on in S5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stereotypus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [B550 Steel Legend]RGB LED stay on in S5
    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 4:21pm
Hello everyone,

the RGB LED from my mainboard, b550 Steel legend, stay on after shutdown / in S5.

I know there is a BIOS setting "Turn on LED on S5" - i already have this disabled. This worked fine before, LEDs were off on Shutdown.

However, after I installed the ASRock Polychrome Utility for Windows and connected there the Mainboard with Razer Chroma (works like a charme), the mainboard seems to ignore this BIOS setting: The Mainboard-LED stay on even on shutdown. Does the Windows Polychromeapp somehow overwrites the BIOS settings? How can i kill the LEDS in S5?

Best regards
Stereo
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 10:16pm
I don't have any newer asrock hardware to test this for you but a few things I can suggest are;

1. Is there a Razer RGB utility you can use to try and sync your LEDs?
2. Look for an ErP option in your UEFI, enable it if it isn't already
3. Check you are using the latest version of Polychrome https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550%20Steel%20Legend/index.asp#Download

Are you using any aRGB cables that are daisychained or something like that? If so there might be a problem with that. It would also be worth contacting Razer and asrock support to see if this is a known issue.
Stereotypus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stereotypus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 8:25am
Found a workaround, may it help others as well in my situation:

1.Turn on Deep Sleep on S5 in BIOS.

2. switch off Fast Startup of Windows 10 in the power plan settings. For how see
here.

Reason: For fast startup the pc needs 5Volt supply. that keeps the LEDs (and USB, too) on.
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 7:28pm
Good to know you got it sorted
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic