ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

DeskMini X300 ARGB software not working...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsRockAndRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DeskMini X300 ARGB software not working...
    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 8:36pm
Hi,

I installed the PolyChromeRGB software (version 2.0.74) - the version listed on the DeskMini X300 download page.

It worked once to control my DESKMINI LED kit plugged into my USB header.

But upon restart of the DeskMini, I now get this message;

"there is no ASR graphics card or led header."

I have tried reinstalling the program, but I get the same error. My LED lights re now stuck on green.

What is the fix? I have searched, but they don't seem to help.

Thanks.
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 10:48pm
Some things you can try;

1. Are you using the latest firmware for the system? https://www.asrock.com/nettop/AMD/DeskMini%20X300%20Series/index.asp#BIOS.
2. You can also try unplugging the LED kit, uninstalling Polychrome, reinstall, then plug the LED kit back in.
3. Enter the UEFI setup (usually "Del" key during first stages of POST) load setup defaults then save and exit.
AsRockAndRoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsRockAndRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 7:09pm
Thank you.

Done the first two. No change.

Don't really want to go back to defaults in BIOS as I need to run my RAM at 3200mhz.

Anything else to try?
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 7:56pm
Enabling 3200MHz on your memory is easy After loading setup defaults, saving and exiting, keep hitting "Del" during POST until you enter the UEFI again then just go to Advanced > OC Tweaker. Scroll down to "Load XMP Setting" and select the one for 3200MHz. Now just save and exit. The system might reboot before finishing loading Windows the first time but don't worry this is just the DRAM tuning phase.

If this doesn't work you'll need to contact asrock support as it sounds like an old bug rearing its head from what I know about the issue.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsRockAndRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 4:35pm
Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately it is a no go.

I hadn't realised also, that when I updated the BIOS, it had reset everything to default again anyway (including RAM speed) - even so, I did it again.

But same symptom in the software.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsRockAndRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 5:07pm
I have contacted support with the issue. I can see it is a really common issue from at least 2018. I hope it is a simple fix for me.
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 9:49pm
Yeah I suspected as much when I read your issue. Keep us posted on how things go so if anyone else has this issue or similar hopefully the solution will work for them too
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic