ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty B450 ITX Blinking Power LED while off

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilJesus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty B450 ITX Blinking Power LED while off
    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 12:22am
I just recently bought the Fatal1ty b450 itx, and I have having an issue when the power led while SHUT DOWN will blink as if it is in sleep mode. I have checked windows already and I am sure i am not putting the computer into hibernation/sleep mode. Also I have looked into some bios settings and have found that "deep sleep" does fix it, but it disables USB power while off which I need for my setup. Starting to think I have a faulty motherboard.
TimTech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 4:50am
Originally posted by LilJesus LilJesus wrote:

I just recently bought the Fatal1ty b450 itx, and I have having an issue when the power led while SHUT DOWN will blink as if it is in sleep mode. I have checked windows already and I am sure i am not putting the computer into hibernation/sleep mode. Also I have looked into some bios settings and have found that "deep sleep" does fix it, but it disables USB power while off which I need for my setup. Starting to think I have a faulty motherboard.

I have the B450M Pro4 and have the same problem. I ran for four months then suddenly this blinking power led manifested. I didn't update the bios or anything. Funny, just prior my bios somehow reset it's memory timing back to default by itself and I was seeing fairly regular BSOD. I did a lot of hair pulling until I found the memory timings changed. Set them back to XMP and have only had two BSOD since. I then did the load UEFI defaults thing, then XMP, and so far so good except for the blinking power LED and my mouse light still on after shutdown. I did disable "turn on onboard LED in S5" with no improvement. I haven't found any "deep sleep" setting in the bios.
Looking for a fix. I keep thinking the computer is sleeping.
TimTech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 5:18am
Found "deep sleep" and enabled it. Flashing LED is gone!
BTW, my mouse light wasn't on after shutdown. I had too many computers running at once to realize the mouse was connected to another computer.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic