ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Build Doesn't Start

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmedbadawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Build Doesn't Start
    Posted: 10 May 2021 at 12:48am
Finished assembling my new computer, it has been over 20 years since I did that.
When I start the computer, the CPU fan is rotating and Chassis fan is rotating, keyboard is responsive to num/caps locks but nothing is displayed.
Configuration
- Asrock B450M Pro4 Motherboard
- AMD Ryzen 5 3600
- Corsair CX 650M PSU
- Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4 3200MHz 2x16GB RAM (A2/B2)
- M.2 Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD
- Using the HDMI of the on-board graphics
When I had both RAM modules, the CPU fan starts for like 20 seconds then stops and starts for 2 seconds each time, I tried each module separately and on all slots (except for A1 because the CPU fan is taking the RAM space) and it has the behavior described earlier.
Also I tried to remove the CMOS battery and short the CMOS reset and no change

I'm suspecting
- That the on-board graphics needs some special configuration or something
- The motherboard does not support the RAM modules
- I screwed up the motherboard

There is no way for me to troubleshoot this, please help.
kleech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kleech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 1:34am
Ryzen 3600 don't have onboard graphics, so your motherboard HDMI port is dummy. You need Ryzen APU or external GPU.
ahmedbadawi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmedbadawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 4:34am
Thank you so much, as I expected, so even the VGA port will not work?! I just needed to install server OS, and it will be headless afterwards
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 8:32pm
if you are not running an APU then the video out ports on motherboard are not going to work

if you want to run a server ..and want onboard video chip regardless of CPU and IPMI capabilities .. maybe consider

https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=X470D4U#Specifications
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
ahmedbadawi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmedbadawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 2:34am
Thank you... now the system is working. That motherboard looks great for my next build thank you :thumbsup:
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic