ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B550 Taichi won't let me in BIOS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D3adsongs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B550 Taichi won't let me in BIOS
    Posted: 10 May 2021 at 9:24am
Just bought what looked a very lightly used B550 ASRock Taichi. I was able to update bios with a flash drive to make my Ryzen 5 5600x work with the mobo. So far the mobo works great and boots up fine but whenever I try to get into the bios via F2 or Delete I just get a black screen and the error code A9 on my motherboard. I have never seen the bios command not work before, what can I do to fix this??? Hitting the clear CMOS button did not fix this, please help thank you!

ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 5:02am
What UEFI version did you flash to? Do you have a dual monitor setup? Try turning the other monitor on and see if you get a display then as unlike when the VGA driver is loaded in Windows you'll only get a display output from the primary monitor during POST. You can also try reflashing the firmware from Windows if the other suggestions don't work.
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 8:48pm
you can also try popping the CMOS battery out and leave it out for a few minutes with the PC unplugged or PSU turned off and hold power button for a couple seconds to totally discharge any residual power stored in the motherboards capacitors
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic