ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Z270 Extreme Not Booting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cgnick26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Z270 Extreme Not Booting
    Posted: 12 May 2021 at 4:55am
I am running out of ideas on what may be the problem with my PC that was running fine for years until now. I have a ASRock Z270 Extreme which I believe is the issue. It will not boot up when the power turns on and all I hear is a high pitched buzz.
- I already replaced the PSU with a brand new one so it is fine
- I have removed the CMOS battery and reinserted
- I have removed power to every component outside of the motherboard and the same buzz is there
- I have unplugged the power and held the power button down for 20 seconds and tried to reboot

Any other ideas?
cgnick26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cgnick26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 4:58am
I7-7700K CPU
16GB Ram - F4-2800C16D-16GVG
RTX2060 Super
cgnick26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cgnick26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 5:29am
All that happens when i flip the switch on the PSU is the show lighting on the motherboard flashes red. All the green lights stay green.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 2:21pm
So this was a working system that died? Did it just suddenly shut down and not
come back on? Did you experience any power irregularities or perhaps a lightning
storm? In cases like this it helps to have a bit of background.

In the mean time, you can try pull the CPU and attempt to put power to the system
with it removed. It likely won't power on (most boards won't without a CPU) but
it's worth checking. While it's out check for any burned/discolored pins/contact pads.
cgnick26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cgnick26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 7:38pm
This was a working system one night. The next morning it suddenly would not turn on anymore. I did not notice anything unusual leading up to that point and I do not recall a lightning storm occurring that night. It is usually plugged into a surge protector as well.

I will check out the CPU in a bit. That was the one thing I was hoping I did not have to remove but it's worth a shot at this point.
cgnick26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cgnick26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 8:43pm
Just removed the CPU and the pins/contact pads/etc all seem to look fine.

The same thing happened when I powered it on as well.
cgnick26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cgnick26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 10:53pm
Removed everything from the case and plugged in only the PSU, CPU, CPU Fan, and 1 stick of ram and the same result. The buzzing noise is definitely coming from the mobo.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 1:32pm
Sounds that way sadly
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic