ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

LAN Problems with B550 Extreme 4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ithafeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LAN Problems with B550 Extreme 4
    Posted: 13 May 2021 at 1:15am
Hello Asrock-Forum,

I have a recurring Problem with my B550 Extreme 4 Mainboard.

Sometimes (every 2-3 days) my LAN connection to my router just stops working. Rebooting or unplugging ethernet and replugging it helps.

I dont know if that is coincidence, but I only remember that problem occuring while watching youtube videos.

What could that be? I am still on the 1.80 Bios.
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 3:59am
Have you tried a different LAN cable, made sure the LAN port is configured correctly and tried updating the LAN driver?
Ithafeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ithafeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 10:05pm
LAN driver is the latest from https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550%20Extreme4/index.de.asp#Download

I did not try the other two suggestions.
Can you specify "LAN port is configured correctly"?
And why should a different cable help? 99% of the Time my LAN is working. I can't imagine that some cable works 99% of the time and then decides that it stops working and starts working again after replugging. Afterall, its just a string of metal ;-)
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 9:10pm
Go to device manager > network adapters. Look for your LAN and hit the "Advanced" tab, ensure all settings there are configured correctly. You should also check settings for your router as well. Cables can also become faulty, they might get a slight break in the wire, or if its a low quality wire the cable might oxidise over time affecting functionality, things like that ;o)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic