ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Taichi SATA3 ports suddenly not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klo315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X570 Taichi SATA3 ports suddenly not working
    Posted: 17 May 2021 at 1:21pm
I recently installed a new gpu and during the installation I removed my mechanical drives to give me more space to reorganize cables (I have two gpus in a small case now so it was necessary).

Once I got the new gpu installed, I booted up w/o the drives connected so I could test and update my drivers. During this time I ran DDU and wiped my old gpu drivers and installed fresh ones. I also did some other housekeeping like uninstalling some programs and disk cleanup (nothing I thought would affect my drives).

However when I reconnected my drives, only one of the SATA3 ports in my mobo seems to be working. I tested each drive on that port with different cables and they boot up okay. However when they?™re connected to the other ports they don?™t mount. I also noticed that they are all getting power as well because I can feel them spinning.

The verdict - my drives are mechanically fine but most of my SATA3 ports aren?™t receiving them. I?™m pretty confused so any advice would be appreciated!

I?™m using the X570 Taichi

Thanks!
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 3:13pm
do they show up in your BIOS?
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
klo315 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klo315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 7:39pm
I was going to check the BIOS this morning, however when I booted up again normally, they all of a sudden were mounted in the OS... Very odd, I did absolutely nothing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic