ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock z490 Taichi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MobileP1ayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock z490 Taichi
    Posted: 18 May 2021 at 3:51am
Hello,

I am new to the whole PC thing in general. I have bought a prebuilt that came with the above motherboard (ASRock Z490 Taichi). I already have one 970 Pro 2TB m.2 SSD. I am looking to do a Raid0 config and I attempted to install my 960 m.2 which is 500gbs and it did not seem to show as a raid compatible. I followed the manual for SSD PCIe and could not get the drive to appear in the raid part. I wanted to ask here if that is even possible or do I need to buy another exact same 970 2TB m.2 SSD to make this work? I apologize if my terms are wrong as like I said I am a bit of a noob when it comes to the whole pc building.

Thanks for any information!
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 2:55pm
Hi MobileP1ayer,

Thank you for your post.

In general, Z490 Taichi should detect your 960 SSD under the RAID part. Please reset your 960 SSD via NVME Sanitization tool and check if the SSD show up under RAID part. (You can find the NVME Sanitization too under BIOS\Tools)

To be notice, please backup your data before you reset the SSD, all data will be wiped out by the reset process.

Also, We recommend using the same brand, same size, same model SSD for RAID 0 volume.

In your case, if you create the RAID 0 volume with your 500G SSD and 2T SSD. You will get only 1T disk space and the other space (1.5T) in 2T SSD will be wasted.

Here is the RAID installation guide for your reference.
https://download.asrock.com/Manual/RAID/Z490%20Taichi/English.pdf

If you have other questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,

All the best
ASRock TSD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic