ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Updated to Latest Bios and Sleep Mode Doesn't Work
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Updated to Latest Bios and Sleep Mode Doesn't Work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suspend2Ram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Updated to Latest Bios and Sleep Mode Doesn't Work
    Posted: 19 May 2021 at 3:36am
I have a X570 Phantom Gaming X motherboard and a Ryzen 3800x with 64GB of G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 3600mhz (PC4 28800) Intel XMP 2.0 Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C16D-32GVKC. Windows 10.

It was working flawlessly for a long time then recently Sleep mode wouldn't work properly... it would wake up on its own at random. I've also had issues with the ram returning to 2133mhz once in a while.

So to kill two birds with one stone, figuring that a later bios might have an updated list of memory modules, I updated to the lastet (4.30). I was using 1.70, which btw, isn't listed on the bios download page...

So now when I go to put the system to sleep, it shuts off fine, except the fans keep spinning... then if I try to wake it up it won't. It fails. Even the mouse and keyboard lights won't turn on. It reboots.

I use sleep a lot and it's a deal breaker for me. I need to know what to do... should I go back to the earlier bios version, if that's even safe to do or is there a ram compatibility issue and buy new ram? Sleep doesn't work right at default ram settings either, without the XMP profile.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
kleech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kleech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 8:05pm
When bios is updated, it resets settings, so check if bios is configured right, for example "Suspend to RAM" is not disabled. Also it's possible a driver failure preventing system going to sleep (my problem was with ASIO drivers), check system events if there are errors. Or maybe even try sleep with fresh or live windows or linux to locate if problem is related with OS or BIOS.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic