ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B550 Pro4 not detecting m.2 ssd

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McRupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B550 Pro4 not detecting m.2 ssd
    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 11:47pm
Hello,

I recently purchased a 1TB Crucial P5 m.2 nvme ssd. I installed this drive in the Hyper M.2 slot on the B550 Pro4 and was nearly able to boot into windows but got a blue screen with kernel heap corruption errors. The mobo does not list the new drive in storage options and my normal boot drive (WD green SSD 256GB) is till selected as the boot drive in boot manager. I do not have another system to test the drive but have no reason to think the drive is faulty. I have bios 1.80 installed currently but did see there was a 1.90 version available. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks
ASRock B550 Pro 4, Ryzen 5 5600x, Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHZ, 3060TI FE
McRupert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McRupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 6:49am
Update: I was able to get the board to recognize the m.2 drive after unplugging the other drives. The board still recognizes the m.2 drive with all drives connected and tries to boot from my normal drive but I get a blue screen and kernel error after seeing the windows login screen.
ASRock B550 Pro 4, Ryzen 5 5600x, Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHZ, 3060TI FE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic