ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 dual ram not supported / rebooting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabrielgm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X570 dual ram not supported / rebooting
    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 2:59am
Hi Guys, I have a problem with my AsRock X570 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3 (AM4)

I am currently running 2.80 BIOS version (I tried with 3.10 too), windows 10 and when I put the second ram into the slot the computer keeps restarting in loop, I thought it was the memory card, but even changing them (swap them) or having only 1 memory ram into the right slot...

Currently the computer is working fine with only 1 ram into the slot (32GB), but as soon as I place the second one, it starts the restarting looping. I tried multiple times to make sure that it is right placed...

Any advice before I return the motherboard?

I don't think there is a BIOS setting where you can "activate" dual ram or something related to this.

HyperX Fury, DDR4, 32GB
HyperX Fury, DDR4, 32GB
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Palit GeForce RTX 3080 Ti GamingPro
Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 10:39pm
its struggling to run both sticks at the xmp

insert one stick
sett bios defaults
this should use the jedec spd settings for the ram
depending on your sticks its 2133 or maybe upto 2666

test to see it boots at the jedec speeds with one stick then switch off and try second stick
then step by step try faster ram speeds

[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Khun_Doug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khun_Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 4:52am
As Dotany pointed out, this is likely something related to XMP. Disable XMP and step down to 2166. Set the timings to Auto. And be sure to set the voltage to whatever the voltage is supposed to be for that RAM.

If that works, you can start bumping up the speeds. Remember that the RAM speed is double the CPU speed (it does two memory cycles). So if you set your RAM at 2600, you need the CPU at 1300.
gabrielgm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabrielgm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 10:44pm
A quick update on my side: The problem was with the motherboard, I sent it back and they confirmed that something wrong was happening.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic