ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bios Update Windows shut down after sleep

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 071W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bios Update Windows shut down after sleep
    Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 11:59pm
Hello,

I recently updated my Bios on my AB350 board from 3.0 to 5.7 in order to accommodate the ryzen 7 3700x processor.

All seems to work fine however I noticed that when I put my system to sleep and then try to wake up - the monitors will not turn on and after a moment the system restarts.

No other windows settings were changed and this happens straight after the bios update.

Any idea on how to fix it?

Thank you!
071W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 071W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 3:10am
I should also add, I reinstalled my GPU drivers and reset my eufi to default.

Another thing I have noticed is when I turn on the pc there is about 10 seconds pause, after that the cpu fan starts spinning and then the system boots up normally.

When trying to wake the computer up there is about 10s pause followed by a restart.

The Bios on my card goes up to version 6.0, 6.3 and the last one is 6.6. Is it a case that because I stopped at 5.7 it causes this issue?

MB bios versions: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty%20AB350%20Gaming-ITXac/index.asp#BIOS

Thanks again!
071W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 071W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 12:15am
Hi,

Had an email from asrock support and they suggested to update bios to 6.0 or 6.6.

Updated to 6.0 and sleep mode works now!

Thanks!
Puppet_Master View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppet_Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 1:20pm
HI!
You email them directly or they just pm you?
071W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 071W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 2:19pm
Hi,

Emailed them using their website online form for support. But reply ended up in spam (Gmail) so check that.

Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic