ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ROMED8-2T

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodiak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ROMED8-2T
    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 6:35am
ROMED8-2T NO VIDEO. I've built a couple of PCs for vast.ai earlier, and decided to go full out with ROMED8-2T. 256 GB memory, 24 core EPYC, 5 RTX 3090s - the works. Got no video at any time, either from the inbuilt D-SUB nor from connected cards. So, installation is difficult. I can hear the hard drive ticking a bit, the Dr Debug code is 00 (presumably meaning OK), the heartbeat LED blinks. I can log into the IPMI, but also using the KVM I get no video. Have tried to F2 into the bios when starting up via IPMI, no joy. Has anyone encountered something similar? Any suggestions? I'm not a complete noob, but not that advanced either. This might be quite simple. Or the MBB might be broken?
kodiak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodiak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 7:15am
(I've tried this with and without GPUs, looking for video output from onboard DSUB and from GPUs.)
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 12:04pm
Code 00 indicates no CPU detected. Likely a simple matter of the CPU not being
properly installed/seated. It's the most common cause for the 00 code on Epyc and
Threadripper systems as the socket(s) can be tricky to work with.
kodiak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodiak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 9:31pm
Thanks, much appreciated. That must be it!
kodiak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodiak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 12:45am
It turned out I had used a processor that wasn't compatible, I had misunderstood a numbering convention. Expensive mistake!
ArtemTeremkov View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtemTeremkov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 4:40am
Originally posted by kodiak kodiak wrote:

It turned out I had used a processor that wasn't compatible, I had misunderstood a numbering convention. Expensive mistake!

Hi. please tell me which processor did not fit? I am thinking of buying ROMED8-2T for EPYC 7551, and reflashing BIOS to version 1.30 (the technical documentation indicates support for these processors).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic