ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My Fatal1ty B450 unstable after 3.20 bios update
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Fatal1ty B450 unstable after 3.20 bios update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StickyToepad81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Fatal1ty B450 unstable after 3.20 bios update
    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 2:40pm
Hi there,

I want to post this topic to know why my stable system went (very) unstable after I upgraded my Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 from 3.20 to 3.30 because I was interested in "Improve user experience for Matisse" because I have the AMD Ryzen 5 3600X CPU.
Because I was unable to flash to an lower BIOS version, the only option left was to try and get it stable again with BIOS settings. I read an topic somewhere that sometimes the vcore was to low on motherboards so you have to get that up somewhat. I noticed the sudden resets less often occur when I set the Vcore Voltage Offset to +0.050 V. To stop the BSOD's I'd had to increase the DRAM Voltage to 1.355 V. Because problem still happened during gaming I end up with Vcore Voltage Offset @ +0.150 V and Memory @ 1.360 V.

I don't know why this is but my system should be stable with the settings on AUTO in my opinion.

Because I don't trust my system anymore to be 100% stable I've decided to buy a new Ryzen 5 5600X CPU. I guess it will be stable again with BIOS 4.50 (Supports Ryzen 5000 series CPU) on the AUTO settings and then I will never upgrade the BIOS again unless it is possible to flash it back to the previous version.

I'm not too happy to spend money on this, but on the other hand I will get more performance with lower TDP.
Will post the result later on.
StickyToepad81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StickyToepad81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 6:59pm
Update: Yesterday I've installed my new AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU with the OC Tweaker settings on AUTO and loaded XMP settings on 3200MHz @ 1.350V and everything seems to be working fine (P4.50 Bios). So we've installed the Ryzen 5 3600X CPU on my brother's AsRock B450 Pro4 motherboard and tested it and he got the same BSOD's and freezes I had (somewhat worse even)! So it seems an issue with the CPU itself. I've requested a RMA from my supplier. I hope to get a new CPU, but we will see what happens next.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic