ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - x570 Phantom Gaming 4 WiFi ax xmp profile issue
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x570 Phantom Gaming 4 WiFi ax xmp profile issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stds9b450 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x570 Phantom Gaming 4 WiFi ax xmp profile issue
    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 12:13am
I have new rig built using an ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 WFi ax ATX AM4 mohterbard. It's got OLOy WarHawk RGB 23 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3600 CL 16 memory. I go into the bios and select xmp profile to use 3600 Mhz. F10 save it and it boots. Task manger shows ram is running at 3600 Mhz. But then few days later after the computer rebooted, it reverts to 2666 Mhz. I checked the bios and the xmp profile reverted to AUTO. It does not seem want to stay at xmp profile 2.0 at 3600 Mhz. I can set it again and it runs at 3600 Mhz but then reverts back to 2666 MHz after reboot.

Anyone know why it's doing this?
Khun_Doug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khun_Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 3:28am
You don't mention the version of BIOS on that motherboard. It's possible the BIOS you have loaded has some type of problem in this area, and the problem was resolved with a BIOS update. And don't assume that a motherboard is shipped with the latest BIOS installed. It's not uncommon to see a motherboard that has BIOS that is several revisions behind.

Another possibility is the motherboard detected a hardware issue and reset the memory to try and get a stable startup. If you find the BIOS is current and the problem persists, try doing a manual DRAM setting, and choose values that are slightly less than the maximum. For instance, set the speed to 3400 and use the recommended voltage, and see if the settings are sticky.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic