ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450M Steel Legend issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrSpider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450M Steel Legend issues
    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 4:56am
Since buying my motherboard I have always had issues will crashing and complete freezing. I updated the BIOS to 2.13A and it has helped but occasionally I still have these issues. The RAM I am using is not officially supported and is likely to be the problem or is there other issues with this motherboard? Sound has also been a problem and on occasions stops working. Has anyone else had similar issues to me?

Thanks.

B450M Steel Legend
BIOS L2.13A
Windows 10 Education
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
WDS500G3X0C m.2 SSD
RAM HX424C15FB2K2/16
Nvidia GeForce GT710
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 2:51pm
Dear MrSpider,
Thank you for the posting.

Regarding the problem of system unstable, we would like to provide some suggestions for you to verify.

1. Clear CMOS by referring to user manual page. 27.
User manual: https://download.asrock.com/Manual/B450M%20Steel%20Legend.pdf
2. Keep BIOS setting default(no overclock) and only install CPU, PSU, Cooler, RAM, Graphic card, System disk to test.
3. Install one stick RAM on each slots by turns to repeat suggestion 2 to check if the problem relates to specific RAM stick or slot.
4. Please go to BIOS\Advance\AMD CBS\CPU Common Options to set [Global C-state Control] to [Disable] to try.
5. Boot into BIOS\OC Tweaker\External Voltage Settings and Load-Line Calibration to set the option "CPU CORE/Cache Voltage" to "Offset Mode" and set the "Offset Voltage" to "+100mV".
6. If possible, please use other CPU and RAM to cross test to check if the problem relate to the compatibility of the memory and CPU.

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 7:40pm
If you have updated the board to the latest firmware load setup defaults then save and exit. Enter the UEFI again and load the XMP profile for your memory, then save and exit. Download and run HCI Memtest, let it run to at least 300%. If there are reported memory errors then we know where we need to start digging.

Edited by ket - 30 Jul 2021 at 7:41pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic