ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x570 phantom gaming-itx/tb3 thunderbolt issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qwt2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x570 phantom gaming-itx/tb3 thunderbolt issue
    Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 2:11am
I have a x570 phantom gaming-itx/tb3 with P3.10 BIOS. It seems like the thunderbolt3 port can not working before windows boot. And I can't find any option about "thunderbolt boot support" in BIOS. If I connect my keyboard and mouse with Caldigit TS3+ dock, I can't use them get in BIOS setting. And the thunderbolt3 SSD drive is not working too.

So, the TB3 port is unavailable during the boot? Is there anyone known how to make it working?

BTW, I send emails to ASRock tech support, their reply was perfunctory. Just told me "Because of chipset issue, the onboard Thunderbolt3 port can not working without driver". How did asrock make this motherboard pass the TB3 verification?

foxx1337 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxx1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2023 at 6:40pm
Seeing the same with the Taichi X570, the ASRock Thunderbolt 3 R2.0 add-in card and a Caldigit Element 4 hub where my keyboard and mouse are.

1. KB & mouse working fine in 2 Windows 11 installations.
2. KB & mouse working fine in 2 Linux 6.2+ installations.
3. No KB, no mouse in any of the BIOS / UEFI screens. They work fine if I switch the Element hub to the Taichi X570's USB 3.2 port.

Any progress here?
Ryzen 3900X, Taichi X570
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic