ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > OC Build Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z170 OC Formula no autotune

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiskyFuture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z170 OC Formula no autotune
    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 at 9:24am
Hi there
I have a Z170 oc formula loaded with a 6600k, when I purchased the board (second hand / used) it had the 2.40 bios and on my oc formula drive I had the autotune feature avalible in the software, after updating to the latest bios I have lost the ability to Autotune in oc formula drive.
Is there a setting in the bios that I am missing to enable that feature or is it something like one of the switches on the motherboard that enables this feature as when i had purchased it the LN2 switch was enabled or is it a combo of both bios and switches.
I would like this feature back any help would be great.
Cheers, Shane
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2022 at 5:17pm
Hello,

The latest BIOS is not always the best, in this case 7.60, will patch the
Spectre Meltdown bug, which affected Both Intel and AMD.
Your board has 2 BIOS chips, I don't know which version is on the other chip, but by flipping the switch before you start, it will boot from the other chip.
If the problem is related to the BIOS version, you could downgrade the BIOS.
First check, if the second BIOS chip is working, if not, boot from the first chip, go into BIOS>> Tools, and run Secure backup UEFI, this will flash the other chip, with the same version that is active.
Then test by starting from the second chip, if this works, you can downgrade the BIOS (always use Instant flash, NOT the Windows flash)
There will not be any further BIOS development since the product is EOL,. since 5 years.
You can also buy the 128Mb BIOS chip online, preprogrammed
https://www.biosflash.com/index.htm

Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic