ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 Series Error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chamap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 Series Error
    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 6:44am
I am unable to contact tech support about this board as it seems to be too old. I reach out for help here.

I get two sharp beeps after booting the computer. I am unable to determine what it means. I am running this board in the basic (that is un-tweaked) mode with the original bios. At first, I thought the problem was related to memory so I ran windows 10 memory test. It said I had a bad memory so I replaced all four chips with new Corsair Vengeance chips of the same specification. I also cleaned the heatsink, fans, and filters. I removed and reseated all cards and connectors.

I do not get a blue-screen error but I still get the 2-beeps. Suggestions appreciated.
CHAMAP
The_Nephilim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Nephilim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 8:48am
Well I think 2 beeps means memory bad.. If you replaced the memory it might be the slots are bad or dead..

have you tried using 1 slot of memory?
chamap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chamap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 9:40am
No, but I will try one chip at a time. Then I have to use memory in pairs to test slots.

I'll report back. Thanks
CHAMAP
The_Nephilim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Nephilim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 10:05am
yes I mean just try 1 stick in the 1st slot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic