ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B550M Steel Legend problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edo71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B550M Steel Legend problem
    Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 2:51am
Hi everyone,

i just bought a ASRock B550M Steel Legend, CPU is an AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, the motherboard won't boot it's stuk on post-bios with the VGA red led steady on, just black screen, no video. I try also to put a videocard on it but same result, no video, then I try the CPU on another motherboard and its working, so the problem is not the CPU. Is that a bios version problem or is the motherboard faulty?
Khun_Doug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khun_Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 2:25am
You don't mention the version of BIOS on the motherboard. It's possible you are unable to determine the BIOS version because the CPU you have is not supported by the BIOS that is installed. Accordiing to the CPU support list, that motherboard requires BIOS 1.90 or newer. The current BIOS is rev 2.2. It's absolutely not uncommon for a motherboard to be purchased new but have an older BIOS installed.

I don't see an option to flash the motherboard without a functional CPU. The easiest way probably is just buy a used CPU that is supported on an older BIOS. Then flash the motherboard with a newer BIOS, and then you can use the new 5600G CPU.
Edo71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edo71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 2:55am
Thanks for reply, the Bios version was not clear to read anywhere, I thought I could at least start the motherboard. As you said I bought an older CPU to get access to the Bios. But I suggest to make the Bios that has the basic to start any CPU at least to make the update! I lost time and money to get this motherboard to work, I wish I could avoid all this trouble.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic