ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

i7-9700k with ASRock Z390 Motherboard question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoshaBeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i7-9700k with ASRock Z390 Motherboard question
    Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 11:45pm
So I'm upgrading my PC a fair amount, and I am going with an i7-9700k cpu and found [this] motherboard for fairly cheap to go with it. Just wondering if there is anything wrong with this combination? Many other mobos I see paired with this cpu are pushing $200+ but other than a couple extra things on them I didn't see any big difference.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 12:10am
The only thing you need to be careful with is making sure the BIOS version on the
board you get supports the 9700k. The Z390 chipset originally launched alongside
the 8000 CPU series so, if the board you purchase is old stock, it may not support
9000 series CPUs out the box. If this is the case then you will either need a cheap,
compatible CPU to update with or you can take the board to a service center and
have them update it for you, no doubt for a fee.

If the board is newer stock or a later model board (launched after the 9000 series)
then you shouldn't have this problem.

I believe the Z390 Steel Legend supports 9000 series CPUs on all it's BIOS versions
as it was released after the 9000 series launched.
RoshaBeli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoshaBeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 1:36pm
So I'm upgrading my PC a fair amount, and I am going with an i7-9700k cpu and found [this] motherboard for fairly c heap to go with it. Just wondering if there is anything wrong with this combination? Many other mobos I see paired with this cpu are pushing $200+ but other than a couple extra things on them I didn't see any big difference.

issue got solvedhttps://tweakbox.mobi/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic