ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X300M-STX birth boot: fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or ...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X300M-STX birth boot: fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or ...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NedCAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X300M-STX birth boot: fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or ...
    Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 10:59pm
After adding components and doing the very very first boot, this comes up:

=======
Copyright (C) American Megatrends, Inc.
BIOS Date: 07/01/2021 15:32:04
X300M-STX VUEFI P1.70

New CPU installed, fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV structure changed.

Press Y to reset fTPM, if you have BitLocker or encryption enabled,
the system will not boot without a recovery key

Press N to keep previous fTPM record and continue system boot, fTPM will NOT

enable in new CPU, you can swap back to the old CPU to recover TPM related
Keys and data.
=======

I have searched the net trying to understand what fTPM is. However, I have no idea what to do with this message on the screen. I am surprised that there are no previous occurrences of this problem. Suggestions are more than welcome!

System: Asrock DeskMini X300 AM4 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600G | Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB | Kingston VR SODIMM DDR42666 2*16GB
NedCAD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NedCAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 10:48pm
No one?

Then I will proceed to the action that makes the most sense:

Y: Reset fTPM (firmware Trusted Platform Module).

Reasoning:

All components, including the DeskMini X300, come from sealed packages. The Ryzen 5600G AMD processor contains a built-in firmware trusted platform module.

So there is simply no previous CPU, at most a CPU that the motherboard has been tested with at the manufacturer (AsRock in this case). After all, it is suggested that a CPU has been used before.
NedCAD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NedCAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 10:04pm
Just in case someone ends up here with the same question after building a new system and doing the very first boot: What is above was the proper way to do it, the system is doing a great job.

I can't imagine I am the only person having this undocumented experience and it may be a good suggestion to provide this information for builders.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic