ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450M Pro 4 RAID 10 problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABNormal1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450M Pro 4 RAID 10 problem
    Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 9:53am
I have my RAID 10 setup and Windows 10 64-bit installed on the RAID drive.
In W10 Device Manager, under the Hard Disk Drives, it shows my C drive as an AMD Raid drive.

However, when I boot my system, the bios loads the raid then gives a message that there is a critical error, then boots to Windows Fine. But the UEFI RAID Critical error bothers me.

I have worked with ASRock support and they said I should download and install the AMD RAIDXpert2 program in Windows 10, which I have done. When I start the AMD RAIDXpert2 program, it says it cannot find the rccfg RAID driver file. I then get a warning that at my current privilages I won't be able to change anything (I am the owner of this desktop and the Administrator, but not the "Windows 10" administrator as Microsoft owns this computer it seems and not me). In anycase, the AMD RAIDXpert2 app opens and it shows my computer on the left, but no drives underneath it. I can't see my RAID to find out what is causing the "Critical error" at boot. I reboot and after the first bootmessage from UEFI, where the RAID is setup I see the prompt to hit F2 to enter the UEFI setup. So I do that, but there is nothing to view the raid health.

I went to "TOOLS" in the UEFI bios and scrolled down to RAID Driver EXInstaller or whatever and saw it check the internet then install lots of files on my USB drive I had inserted. There is one called "LiveSetup.exe" and when I run it, there is a splach screen for RAID EzInstaller, but then it, too, says it cannot find the configuration file and to get it from BIOS.... I just did that!!!

I am getting zero help from ASRock tech support. I mean they seem to be trying to help, but nothing they suggest helps.

Any ideas?
ABNormal1960 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABNormal1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 10:03am
I forgot to mention that these are 4 new Toshiba 1 TB spinning disk drives that format out to about 1.6TB after the RAID setup and formatting in Windows 10. I have built MANY PC's. I have also setup many RAID drives for the US Navy Using Dell EMC SAN's (Google the NMCI project, I helped set that up for the US Navy in 2001). That was a hardware RAID with many LUNs on a Fibre Channel network. So I am familiar with RAID, just not this software version. Any help would be appreciated.
gregketch90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregketch90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 7:16pm
According to many scientists dealing with the problem of meeting the need for personnel, the key point in the theory and practice of personnel search is the choice of the source of the search for future employees. At the same time, most of the authors we have considered agree that the sources of personnel search are divided into internal and external in relation to the organization, for more visit https://www.mindk.com/blog/hris-integration/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic