ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - H370 Fatality New Build Powers On/Off wont POST
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

H370 Fatality New Build Powers On/Off wont POST

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jokab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H370 Fatality New Build Powers On/Off wont POST
    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 7:30am
This is a new one for me.

I am upgrading my mobo, so went with the H370 Fatality to go with my i5 8400 cpu. This isn't my first go around with upgrades and I installed everything like the manual and videos have said. Lights came on, hit the power button, fans came on, lights looked a bit different and after a bit of time, the system powered off. then a couple of seconds late, powered back on again to loop in this cycle.

I have made sure that the prongs are straight, have unplugged and re-plugged in everything multiple times. I plugged in the 8, or 6+2 power next to the CPU, though that doesn't even start the on/off cycle when I try to power on, so i have since removed that plug in. I've tried to use the different cpu fan plug ins. I have tried reseating the CPU and cleaning it from extra thermal. I'm almost at my wits end here with configuring this and am about to take it to a PC shop.

PSU was taken from my old build and has had zero problems. Used it just before starting the new build to be certain and it is clean.

I have also tried reseating my RAM, as well as utilizing A2/B2, just A1 and trying all the slots with stick combinations.

I'm wondering if the PSU isn't compatible, which I would find weird. Or if the CPU fan has to be attached in a certain way that would register on the MOBO.

Keeping it basic without the Graphics Card, here is my setup:

Intel i5 8400
Oloy DDR4 3200 x4
512Gb SSD - M.2 slot
Corsair CX 750M - MFG.PART: CP-9020061-NA
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 3:32pm
The 8pin for the CPU is a 4+4 not a 6+2, that is PCIe power and is not electrically
compatible with the 8pin CPU connector.
jokab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jokab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 1:32am
I appreciate the input and i figured that out this morning! It's updated and up and running.

Thank you for the response!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 1:54am
Glad to hear it, enjoy the upgrade
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic