ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No BIOS LED No POST Nothing on Screen (Solved)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColComputerFixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No BIOS LED No POST Nothing on Screen (Solved)
    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 1:50am
I spent a bunch of time debugging this issue and solved it, so I wanted to post to help out anyone else in this situation.

My computer was working fine but then one day it would not boot and there was nothing on the screen. No POST message, no beeps, no nothing. But all the LEDs and fans were powering up.

I tried removing the video card, the memory, most all other devices nothing worked.

Then I checked the ATX Power supply 24 pin connector. Forced it on by shorting pins 16 and 17. Using a cheap multimeter was checked all the voltages. All the voltages seemed correct, which would explain why the fans were turning on. But the Power Good (Pin 8) signal was low (50 mV). The Power Good pin should read +5V to indicate that the power supply thinks it's generating the correct voltages. This was the issue. With a new power supply it booted again.

https://ibb.co/b7YN2s6
ColComputerFixer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColComputerFixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 2:03am

image didn't post in the first one
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic