ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRockRack - Z490D4U-2L2T - Can't access IPMI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alph0r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRockRack - Z490D4U-2L2T - Can't access IPMI
    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 8:52pm
I was trying to configure the system firewall over the ASRock IPMI web interface and I accidentally blocked all ports and IPs.
I still have access to the server over ssh but I have no physical access to the machine.

Tech support from the company that I bought my server from suggested to do a factory reset of the machine with ipmitool over ssh, the command that I am supposed to use is:
ipmitool raw 0x30 0x40
However I get the following error:
Unable to send RAW command (channel=0x0 netfn=0x30 lun=0x0 cmd=0x40 rsp=0xc1): Invalid command

Any ideas why the raw command is not working? Is there any other way to restore IPMI connectivity?
If there is no way to do this over ssh, I can hire a remote technician who has physical access to the server but they would need detailed instructions on how to do it.

Thank you.
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 6:03pm
Ity is best to contact ASRock Rack (serevr/WS) support.
This forum is for desktop products, and they don't use IPMI.
Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic